Monday, April 13, 2009

A Tale from the Realm of the Green Witch

This is a posting from the Realm of a Green Witch. August Moon enjoys making old boo boo's into a work of art.
____________

New tattoo! I've been waiting to tattoo around some VERY heavily scarred areas for about seven years. I finally found someone I trusted in August Moon.

My leg before being tattooed. (yes there's a little stubble, as my artist told me he'd shave the area before tattooing.)
Photobucket

The darker and dimpled areas are skin grafts and scars from external titanium pins.

Photobucket

August worked with me and my "unique" issues. He mentioned that with the extent of the damage traditional stencils wouldn't work. We sat with the sterile markers used for piercing and drew what I wanted right onto my leg.

Three hours later I had a completed tattoo. I know that might sound like a lot for some work, but with the nerve damage, it was light years away from "normal" tattoo pain, and even though I wasn't asking to stop, the muscle contractions made it necessary to go slower than normal.

Photobucket

Photobucket


I'm THRILLED with the design, and look forward to adding to my leg.

Thanks!

No comments: